Wednesday, November 6, 2013

FRIENDS


In order to have the power of a phoenix, in order to be Authentically You, one thing must be in place. One thing must be set in stone, constant, founded, and unmoving… FRIENDS.



As much as Authentically Me likes to think that she is her own beautiful island, the truth still remains that we are hard and heart-wired for connection. We yearn and crave, desire and quench for relationships.

By any U.S. standard I am a very poor person outwardly. I am a recent college grad working for a small non-profit. I live paycheck to pay check. I am honestly truly grateful if I can pay my bills, pay off my debt, and go to the grocery store each month! Yet in the things that really matter, like friendships, I am a gizillionaire. I am truly rich in FRIENDS.

FRIENDS take effort. 
FRIENDS take time. 
FRIENDS take energy. 
FRIENDS take selflessness.

BUT....

FRIENDS give life. 
FRIENDS give love. 
FRIENDS give comfort. 
FRIENDS give wisdom. 
FRIENDS give joy. 
FRIENDS give helping hands. 
FRIENDS give laughter. 
FRIENDS give hope. 
FRIENDS give direction. 
FRIENDS give an open heart.

FRIENDS help you be Authentically You.

My FRIENDS come in all different kinds of packages. They all have different personalities, life-experiences, family-types, shapes, sizes, passions, dreams. My FRIENDS have each come into my life in so many unique ways, yet the one thing that they all have in common is that they love me for Authentically Me. 

That is why I feel and know that I am so rich. To be seen, to be known fully, and to be accepted not rejected is a treasure that is greater than any sum of money or any priceless jewel.

I trust them. I lean on them. I take comfort in them. I know that no matter what….

Alyssa will always greet me with a loving smile, a comforting embrace and a listening ear.

Becca will always encourage me, share with me our passions for those wounded, and look at me with Jesus’ eyes

Morgan will always show me the light in my own darkness, she will never let me forget who I am as Authentically Me

Ashley will always make me smile, she will always lift me up, she will always help me see what could be

Amber will always be with me, she will never let me believe lies, she will hold my hand through the fire, through the storm, through the wonder

Keri Anne will always bring me truth, she will never let me loose sight of Jesus and his loving promises, she will always bring joy

Margaret will always point my gaze to the real things, she will always forgive, she will exude warmth

Hannah will always build me up, she will always make me feel worthy, she will always make me feel special 

Rebecca will always love, she will always care, she will always listen and give hope

Brittany will love selflessly, she will comfort, she will listen, she will share in the joy and sorrow

Haley will always remind me of God’s goodness and faithfulness, she will always be a source of strength and kindness

Claire will always bring me fresh new joy and life, she will always remind me of courage and God’s answer to prayers

FRIENDS help you be Authentically You. These FRIENDS help me be Authentically Me.

Find your FRIENDS, name them, share with them what they do for your, remind them just how much you couldn’t be Authentically You without them. Love them, but more than anything LET them love you.

LET them in to the pain, LET them in to the hurt, the sorrows, the joys, the amazement, the wonder. 


LET them join you, LET them walk with you, LET them journey with you in this truly wonderful and crazy, chaotic and blissful life.

-Authentically Me


No comments:

Post a Comment