Monday, December 9, 2013

What's Your Happy Place?

Sunshine on my skin. Smell of salty air. Sound of lapping waves against a sandy shore. Crystal, clear, cool, blue water. Blissful peace.

I don't recall ever consciously deciding to fall in love with the ocean, yet I must have for it has been a true love affair my entire life. I have traveled this world many times over and I still cannot find a more lovelier place than sitting on the edge of a beach, my toes dipping into warm sand, and having powerful, cool waves wash over me. 

It is my Happy Place. 

A Happy Place is a location, an experience, a moment in time that captures our hearts and refreshes our soul. For some it is a moment of transformative thought, for others a blissful peace, for others an electrical bolt of pure life. 

For me it's a simplistic moment on a trip my family took to St. John before my senior year of high-school. My parents 25th Anniversary meant a little fun trip to the Virgin Islands for them for a few days and then my brother and I joined them so that they could in-a-sense re-affirm the commitment they had made to one another on the white sandy beaches of beautiful St. John. 


My Happy Place is an afternoon I spent on the beach with nothing to do but feel absolutely still and full. It was a transcending peace and harmonizing beauty that took my breath away and continues to do so whenever I think of my Happy Place. I have never felt more me, more Authentically Me than I have in those glorious hours basking in the breathtaking creation around me. 

What's Your Happy Place?


........Being a southern gal, Florida beaches are where I went growing going. Just for fun here are my top three!.......

1) Sea Grove, Florida

2) Long Boat Key, Florida


3) Seaside, Florida

                                                                                 


-Authentically Me




No comments:

Post a Comment