Sunday, January 18, 2015

A New Chapter

A new chapter has begun. For the longest time, nearly eight years, there was a rhythm to my authentic life. A three bound cord that held me in place. A strong cord that consisted of me and my two best friends. Two women, two different, two amazing, two wise, two grounded, two leading, two captivating, two loving sisters that I have the pleasure and joy to walk through life with. These sisters have seen it all, bared it all, loved it all and no words can express the depth of security these two women bring to my life. They are the constant in a changing world. But--a new chapter began yesterday. 

An expected chapter, an awaited hope, a promise kept, a prayer answered enveloped are three lives as one made the journey from Miss to Mrs, from sisterhood to wifehood. She is the first of our little trio to bravely with abounding joy enter the covenant of marriage. 
Change, although unavoidable, is never easy. It means altering, it means moving from one place to the next. This can be physically moving from point A to point B, this can mean transitioning from one emotional state to the next, this can be improving, growing, however more so than anything change is refining. Change refines us into a more grounded, more holistic, more authentic person. Although I am not a fan of change and never have been, I find that I can only see my true colors through its process. The good, bad, ugly--it's all there but there is also perseverance, courage, resilience, surrender, lasting hope, and joy. These last six months have been one change after the next. Moving, going to school, starting jobs, diagnoses, engagements, marriages...LIFE is happening all around me...and although it is CRAZY it is GOOD. 

There was a finality to this weekend, a small finality to a chapter closing and a beautiful new one opening. The honest truth is that this weekend, this marriage, is about living life together. Up until now, it was just my friend, her friends, our friends joined together simply living life as authentically us. Yesterday, we all got to welcome a new person into this authentic life and it will be an adventure as we go through this crazy life together! 



-Authentically Me


2 comments:

  1. Love reading your thoughts. Thanks for putting yourself out there for us to see. Love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Love your writing style, and ability to share messages in ways that allow anyone to relate to these life experiences and truths. I love you, Em You are such a wonderful friend and role model to me. I think of you often; i.e., last night, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I totally stopped working, turned on a classic romance film, set in Wales in the early 1900's, and enjoyed sipping a glass of wine while allowing the story to sink into my soul and shape me, and who I wish to be in the world. I appreciated story. And better yet! This evening, I surprised myself when the following thought crossed my mind: "I'd love to watch Les Miserables right now." Get out of my head ;-). Thank you for being who you are; we treasure you.

    ReplyDelete